A Jukebox I put together from spare and scavenged parts.
- WR703N router (OpenWRT) + 8GB USB key
- RPI Model B Rev 2.0 (running Raspbian)
- piface control and display
- x10 port USB hub
- USB Soundcard (~$4 from DX.com)
- USB bluetooth
- 500 GB external disk
This lets me listen to web streams and play MP3s locally. Also anything I’m currently listening to is available as a stream to clients on my LAN, thanks to icecast.
Here is a bad Draw.io image of the setup.
Eventually I might:
- Replace the speakers with a car amplifier and a pair of 6” x 9”s
- Mount everything properly, make the display more visible
- Make it portable